Adding Audio Source to OBS
Now that we've routed our DAW outputs to our Multi-Output Device, let's complete the process by adding an Audio Source in OBS.
- In OBS, add an Audio Input Capture Source in the Sources section.
- Name your Source
- In the Device dropdown, select the audio routing software that is tied to your Multi-Output Device. In this case, our Multi-Output Device uses BlackHole 2ch. If you need to change this, simply select the source and select the device dropdown above.
- Our Audio Input Source will populate the Sources and Audio Mixer Section
- Play some audio in your DAW to verify the signal is coming through OBS
If you are not seeing signal:
- Check that you followed the steps above
- You may have to restart OBS or your DAW in order for the connection to appear.
- Check that you have the correct Multi-Output Device selected
- Check that you have properly configured your Multi-Output Device
- If you are using an Aggregate Device, make sure your audio routing software is set as the Output Channels 1 and 2 (found in the Audio MIDI Setup).