Below are some resources for setting up your stream:
- Choosing Your Streaming Platform
- OBS Setup Guide
- DAW Informational Guide: Choosing A DAW
- Using a DAW with OBS on Mac
- Using a DAW with OBS on Windows
The Go Live Page
The Go Live page is the home base for any artist performing on Volume. To get there, click on the "Go Live" link at the top of the Volume homepage.
Edit the title of your Stage by clicking the Pencil icon "Edit Stage Subject". Be sure to add hashtags to your subject! These hashtags are searchable using the search field at the top of the website.
Notify your followers when you go live on Volume by clicking the "Notify your followers that you're broadcasting" button.
After your broadcast is complete, be sure to "Rush" another stage with your viewers by clicking the "Rush" button.
Rules and Privacy
Protect your Privacy
It’s important to protect your privacy. Keep in mind these important tips:
- Be mindful of revealing your PII (personally identifiable information) to reduce the likelihood of being a target of doxxing (disclosure of your personal information). Also keep in mind what are you displaying on cam and if it could be tied back to your PII, such as shipping labels, papers lying around, landmarks, etc.
- We strongly advise you to never give out your location or information which could be used to figure out your location.
On the Settings & Privacy tab of your broadcast page, you can find the following privacy settings:
- List my stage on the homepage: this controls whether your stream is publicly available on the homepage
- Password required for others to view your stage: setting a password on your stream restricts access to only those who you have provided with the password. This is a great setting to use when you are setting up your stream and aren't ready to broadcast publicly yet!
When broadcasting, you have control over who is allowed to chat and view your broadcast. If you click on a username in Chat, you have the following options:
- Silence for 6 hours: this prevents a user from chatting for 6 hours
- Ban/Kick: this kicks a user out of your stage. They are not able to view your stream or chat until the ban expires. Bans expire after one month by default.
In Chat Settings, you can manage your existing bans and silences by going to View Broadcaster Settings > View/Edit Bans and Silences. Here you can remove or extend existing silences and bans as well as add other users to your ban list if needed.
Moderating your Stage
Some broadcasters may want to appoint a moderator to help manage chat and viewers on their stage. You can find additional information about setting moderators in this help center article.
Volume.com also has apps & bots which can auto-mod your room. On the Apps & Bots tab check out the bots to help block words that are not welcome in your stage!
Artists earn money streaming performances via a Ticketed Show on the site and/or earning tips from viewers in the form of AMPs. These AMPs can then be cashed out for 5¢ ($0.05 USD) per AMP. Artists can also set up a Fan Club to generate recurring income through monthly Fan Club subscriptions.
Get Viewers for Your Stage
Volume makes the following recommendations for attracting viewers to your stage:
- Post on social media before you go online
- Use the “Notify your followers” link on your broadcast page to send an email and browser notification that you are going live to all of your followers.
- Use hashtags to help viewers find you by genre or style
- Keep a consistent schedule and list your schedule in your bio
- Organize your community with a Discord channel
Volume offers daily payouts with direct deposit, Stripe, and PayPal. Here’s how to get paid:
- Go to https://volume.com/affiliates/payoutinfo/ to set up your preferred payment method.
- Cash out your AMPs to US Dollars on the AMP Stats tab. https://volume.com/p/?tab=ampstats
- Request a daily payout here: https://volume.com/affiliates/stats to receive your payout the next day. Payouts not requested for daily payout will be processed on the 1st and 16th each month.
For other common Questions & Answers, please see the Getting Started guide.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org